The Howard Hughes Corporation (HHC) owns, manages and develops real estate for residential, commercial and mixed-use applications in 15 states across the US. John Manlove Marketing & Communications has been involved with marketing for HHC since 1999. Two of the most notable projects we handled for HHC is The Woodlands and Bridgeland, premier master-planned properties in Houston, Texas.
JMMC officially became the agency of record for the master-planned community, The Woodlands Development Company, in 2005. Here are some of the highlights from our relationship with The Woodlands:
- Creekside Park: The grand opening of Creekside Park called for something big to grab people’s attention. JMMC developed a PR campaign called “Life’s Next Great Adventure” to promote the event. The multi-platform marketing effort involved advertising on all media fronts along with event collateral and displays. The campaign generated 80,000 unique website visitors and drove record attendance of more than 20,000 guests.
- “Celebrate Family”: JMMC produced a documentary called Celebrate Family as a compelling marketing campaign explaining what life is like in The Woodlands. The video launched across all social media platforms in 2017.
- Winter Wonderland: As a unique mix of retail and relaxation, The Woodlands is a destination for locals and tourists alike. With the signature Winter Wonderland 2013 event coming up, JMMC helped The Woodlands spread awareness outside the local area.
That year, Winter Wonderland saw a 15 percent increase in attendance compared to the previous year for a total of 150,000 visitors over 61 days. Half of the attendees were there for the first time. At the event, we documented 830 zip codes. Visitor data proved the outreach campaign worked wonders.
JMMC’s success with The Woodlands led to us to another master-planned community, Bridgeland, in 2010. When we started, the property had very little awareness, but that quickly changed when we launched a brand awareness campaign. Television commercials, print ads, digital marketing, and outdoor signage gained Bridgeland the attention it was looking for. Increased foot traffic and record sales occurred within the first year of the campaign.
- “We’ve Arrived”: In 2015, JMMC produced a commercial called We’ve Arrived to build upon the legacy we started five years earlier. We took a music video approach, which captured the attention of the real estate industry and earned multiple awards at the GHBA Prism Awards, including Best Television/Video Promotion.
- Hidden Creek: JMMC was asked to promote this community before it was built. The planning department only had raw land and architectural drawings.
We generated excitement by creating a brochure supported by a fully animated neighborhood video, which aired online, at realtor events and in community presentations. Dozens of homes presold, and the launch exceeded everyone’s expectations.
To learn more about what the John Manlove Marketing Process can do for your business, please contact us at 281-487-6767.